ZZ 13th Age: Shadows Over Arcossa
13 Seats of Power
- Arcosa, the city of splendors, is the capital of the Empire and home to the Emperor. From this city of statues and marble columns marched the legions that conquered the world.
- The Citadel of the Crusader, the city of banners, is the mightiest of fortresses under the iron fist of the Crusader and the site of his first victory over the Diabolist.
- Elinbar, the city of towers, is home to the Elf Queen and the foremost settlement within Eryn Eldarin, the forest of the elves.
- Halith, the city of the gods, is a sacred place full of temples and cathedrals dedicated to the ten thousand gods who speak through their vessel, the High Priestess.
- Hell’s Gate is the city of the damned, where the *Diabolist *summons and binds her fiendish hordes.
- Karak Izor, the city of forges, is the home of the dwarves in exile. Here the clans have gathered under the rule of the Dwarf King, though their eyes turn ever westward, to their lost homeland deep beneath the Sentinel Peaks.
- Necropolis, the city of the dead, is the ancient home of the Lich King and his lifeless, deathless servants.
- Nemeton is the heart of the Endless Forest, where the High Druid watches over the Tree of Life and the cycle of the seasons.
- Shadowport is the city of thieves, where the Prince of Shadows weaves his schemes and counts his ill-gotten gains.
- The Abyss is a gateway to Hell, held closed by the Great Wyrm who sacrificed himself to seal the rift.
- The Horde Lands are the home of the Orc Lord. He cares not for cities, save to sack them, but Throghold and Gurzhold form permanent settlements where the lower castes and captured slaves labor to feed, clothe, and arm the orcish hosts.
- The Tower of the Archmage is a twisting pillar that ascends into the heavens, taller even than the highest spire of Elinbar. Ironically, it is not the home of the *Archmage *but merely a gateway, for he dwells in a fantastical realm beyond the world.
- Viconium, the city of dragons, once stood as a proud rival to Arcosa until the Elder Dragons, the most ancient and powerful of Tiamat’s brood, descended upon the city. Now they dwell among the shattered towers and ruined splendor, slumbering for decades among their heaps of gold and jewels until hunger wakes them again.